Organisation: Scarlets Rugby
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Location: Parc Y Scarlets, Llanelli
Contract Type: Full time fixed term position
Closing Date: 18th March 2018
Interview Date: Week commencing 2nd April 2018
Scarlets Rugby has a proud tradition and worldwide reputation. The 2016/17 PRO12 Champions, Scarlets Regional Ltd are recruiting a Senior Physiotherapist to join their medical team for the 2018/19 season.
You will integrate in to the performance team to deliver first class physiotherapy provision to all Scarlets Rugby players. With extensive experience of working in high performance sport you will demonstrate passion and ambition in the field of Sports Physiotherapy. As an important member of the medical team, you will possess the ability to consistently deliver first class assessment, treatment and rehabilitation in what is often a high-pressured environment. You will show leadership in the management of the long-term injured rehabilitation programme, performing as an effective member of the interdisciplinary team.
Being accountable to the Head Physiotherapist, the role will be based at Parc Y Scarlets, Llanelli and include travel to matches worldwide.
- As part of the medical team deliver evidence based physiotherapy provision to all Scarlets Rugby players
- In collaboration with the strength and rehabilitation coach manage the delivery of rehabilitation and re-conditioning for the long-term injured player group
- Contribute to the injury prevention strategy of Scarlets Rugby, including carrying out musculoskeletal screening and injury prevention profiling
- Provide medical provision at Scarlets Rugby training and matches worldwide
- Work closely with coaches and other support staff to maximise player availability and wellbeing
- Maintain accurate medical records using the Welsh Rugby Union communication system and in line with the guidance set by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- Respect the right to medical confidentiality and maintain the highest levels of ethical practice
- Promotion of anti-doping and fair play at all times
- Contribute to regular performance team reviews
- Be forthcoming with ideas on service development, research and innovation
- On-going evidenced continuous professional development and willingness to contribute to departmental education delivery and supervision
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy
- Member of CSP and HCPC physiotherapy registration
- Proven experience in high performance sport
- Proven ability to work with team sport athletes
- Ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team to contribute positively to on-field performance
- Evidence of post-graduate study
- Experience of delivering Pilates/Yoga interventions
- Experience in professional rugby union
- Level 3 Immediate Care In Sport Qualification
- Evidence of a willingness to contribute to research
We are looking for a hard working individual to make a positive impact to Scarlets Rugby. Showing ambition and commitment the successful candidate will become a valued member of the experienced medical team at Scarlets Rugby.
Please contact Matthew Rees email@example.com if you require further information or would like to discuss the post further.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please outline why you believe you are most suitable by forwarding on a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mark the subject as Senior Physiotherapist Vacancy.