Leinster Rugby v Scarlets
Saturday, 21 April Kick-off: 15:30
Referee: Romain Poite (Fra)
Assistant Referee 1: Mathieu Raynal (Fra)
Assistant Referee 2: Pierre Brousset (Fra)
TMO: Philippe Bonhoure (Fra)
Citing Commissioner: Shaun Gallagher (Eng)
TV: Sky Sports / beIN SPORTS
- The clubs have met seven times previously in the European Cup with Leinster winning five of those matches (L2), including the last four in a row.
- This will be Leinster's 10th semi-final appearance, only Munster (13, including 2017/8) have featured in more (Toulouse also on 10).
- Just one of Leinster’s previous nine semi-finals have been against Welsh opposition, that was back in the first edition of the Champions Cup in 1995/96 when they were beaten by Cardiff.
- Scarlets have reached this stage of the Champions Cup for the first time since 2006/07 and for the fourth time overall; they have yet to progress to the final, however.
- Leinster are the only side with a 100% winning record in this season's Champions Cup and could become just the second club after Saracens in 2015/16 to win every match in a campaign. Leinster did go unbeaten during their 2011/12 triumph (W8, D1).
- No side has averaged more tries per game than Leinster this season (3.6, same as Saracens), whilst the province has also conceded the fewest penalties per match (7.6).
- The Scarlets have won 94% of their own lineouts in this campaign, the best rate of any side.
- Luke McGrath (1 try, 6 assists) and Gareth Davies (4 tries, 3 assists) have both been directly involved in seven tries this season, no player has had a hand in more (also Dan Evans).
- Ken Owens (105) is one of just two players to make 100+ tackles this season (Tom Dunn, 119).
- Tadhg Beirne has won five more turnovers (16) than any other player this season, nine of those have been jackals.