Permanent Full Time
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum, DOE
Location: Llanelli, Dyfed
Community is at the heart of Scarlets...
Have you got a passion for sport? Have you got the flare to work within the community?
If the answer is yes, we have the perfect job for you!
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
Reporting directly to the Board of Trustees, this key role carries accountability for the design and delivery of the Community Strategic Plan to include community sponsors and external funding. You will have the business acumen to increase revenue through innovative ways of working in partnership within a community.
- Develop and implement the community three-year strategy.
- Work in partnership with the WRU and other partners to deliver the One Rugby Community strategy.
- Full accountability for delivering revenue targets that are underpinned by driving community activity and relationships.
- Increase of funding streams and the development of the foundation.
- Accountable for the development and co-ordination of innovative programmes of activities that drive community participation and grow our relationships with the wider Scarlets audience.
- Leverage from and contribute to the Scarlets brand in our communities.
- Lead motivate and line manage a team.
- Develop new and additional income streams that fit with the Scarlets brand including community sponsorship.
- Monitor and evaluate the activities of specific projects in line with good practice and stakeholders’ requirements.
- Devise and implement a programme of community projects, working in partnership with other organisations and businesses.
- Manage diverse relationships internally and externally.
- Prepare periodic reports on the activity and performance of the foundation.
- Represent the Scarlets Philosophy, Values and Culture within the Rugby Department, the staff team and in wider society.
- Cooperate and engage with colleagues across the business in order to ensure that efficiency and effectiveness of sales and operations are maximised in line with the company business plan and objectives.
- You are required to work at all times in a safe and healthy manner and to comply with the requirements of the Health and Safety Policy and all related rules and procedures provided in the furtherance of health and safety.
- In light of the needs of the business, you will, on occasions, be required to work outside the core hours.
- Flexibility to regularly work evenings and weekends.
- Demonstrable experience of success in a commercial environment.
- An understanding of the significant contribution Scarlets rugby can make to the community.
- Significant experience of leading and inspiring a team to peak performance.
- Significant experience of working in an established programme and project management environment within a complex organisational setting.
- Ability to work independently and autonomously within parameters set by the Board of Trustees.
- Experience of building and maintaining constructive partnerships and collaborative relationships at a senior level.
- Highly developed emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Appreciation of marketing and PR methods along with commercial understanding.
- Flexibility and time management.
- Full driving licence.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience and clear understanding of sports development initiatives and community work practice.
- Knowledge and experience of the third sector in Wales.
- Demonstrable experience of leading on successful funding proposals or bid writing.
- Understanding of the important role of volunteers.
- Welsh speaker desirable.
- Excellent research, analysis and planning skills.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please outline why you believe you are most suitable by forwarding on a covering letter and CV to email@example.com