Scarlets Rugby Physiotherapist
Organisation: Scarlets Rugby
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Location: Parc y Scarlets, Llanelli
Contract Type: Full time fixed term position
Closing Date: 21st June 2019
Interview Date: Week commencing 1st July 2019
Scarlets Rugby has an exciting opportunity for an experienced physiotherapist to join their existing medical team. The successful individual will be highly motivated and driven to ensure the highest standards of medical provision are consistently delivered. Their continual drive for improvement will ensure the medical department at Scarlets Rugby is contributing to a high performance culture, delivering the most effective service for its players.
Being accountable to the Head of Medical Services, the role will be based at Parc y Scarlets, Llanelli and include travel to matches worldwide.
- Ensure evidence based physiotherapy provision to all Scarlets Rugby Senior, Development and Academy players at training and competition venues worldwide as required
- Lead the medical provision for the transition group of players (Development players) from the Academy to Senior playing groups
- Lead the medical provision during the Celtic Cup competition for Scarlets Rugby
- Provide physiotherapy cover at Scarlets Rugby / Scarlets A team matches, including away travel worldwide as required
- Assist the Head of Medical Services and the medical team at Scarlets Rugby in the assessment, treatment and maintenance of Senior, Development and Academy squad players as required
- Provide effective rehabilitation approaches to injured Senior, Development and Academy Squad players at Scarlets Rugby as required
- To work as part of the Scarlets Rugby Performance Team (Sports Medicine, Sport Science, S&C, Nutrition and other service providers) to maximise player availability and return injured players to performance in safe, yet efficient time scales
- Contribute to the long-term athlete development strategy of Scarlets Development and Academy players
- Implement pre-season musculoskeletal screening and formulate injury risk profiles for Scarlets Rugby players (including Development and Academy players)
- Assist the development and implementation of Scarlets Rugby injury prevention strategies
- Ensure individualised injury prevention programmes are adhered to and regularly reviewed
- In collaboration with the interdisciplinary team (Coaches, S&C, Performance Analysis, Nutrition, Psychology) regularly review the development of all Scarlets Rugby Development and Academy players
- Assist the Head of Medical Services in regular in-season reviews of injury prevalence, severity, trends and exposures
- Attend appointments and consultations with Scarlets Rugby players (Senior, Development and Academy) as deemed necessary
- Promote fair play and adherence to UK Anti-Doping rules to all Scarlets Rugby players and staff
- Demonstrate a high level of professional behaviour at all times
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy
- Member of CSP and HCPC physiotherapy registration
- Proven experience in high performance sport
- Proven ability to work with team sport athletes
- Ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team to contribute positively to on-field performance
- A commitment to continued professional development
- Evidence of post-graduate study
- Experience in professional rugby union
- Level 3 Immediate Care In Sport Qualification
- Evidence of a willingness to contribute to research
We are looking for a hard working individual to make a positive impact to Scarlets Rugby. Showing ambition and commitment the successful candidate will become a valued member of the experienced medical team at Scarlets Rugby.
Please contact Matthew Rees firstname.lastname@example.org if you require further information or would like to discuss the post further.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please outline why you believe you are most suitable by forwarding on a covering letter and CV to email@example.com
Please mark the subject as Senior Physiotherapist Vacancy.