Role Title: Scarlets/WRU Rugby Hub Officer x 4
Location: Parc y Scarlets , Pemberton Park, Llanelli
Contract Type: Fixed Term, Initial 1 year.
Hours: A minimum of 35 hours per week, but the nature of the role may involve working in excess of this, including evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
Salary: £20-23,000 per annum, depending on experience.
The Scarlets are looking for four rugby Hub Officers with the support of the WRU. The successful candidates will be Scarlets employees, work throughout the Scarlets region with the administration hub being Parc y Scarlets.
The role of the Hub Officer is to promote and develop rugby union within the Scarlets region.
The Hub Officer will primarily be required to promote and develop rugby, and to establish extra-curricular activity which engages boys and girls of all abilities within a fully inclusive rugby programme – including development of coaches, referees, administrators and volunteers, as well as participants with established links to club/cluster and community provision.
Through this and other activities, the Hub Officer will contribute to the objectives of the Scarlets, driving the hub centre developments through the age-grade pathway, supporting the development of the skills curriculum at the five centres.
The key responsibilities of the role are summarised as follows, having due regard to the content of the Rugby Development Agreement between the Scarlets and the WRU:
- To deliver, or to support the delivery of, rugby union for males and females
- Deliver and establish development centres to support player development.
- To formulate, deliver or facilitate the delivery of fully inclusive programmes of rugby activity which engage players of all abilities
- To encourage and support males and females to transition into local community clubs, clusters or alternative offerings, as appropriate
- To support the educational settings, local community club/clusters and in developing and maintaining a fully inclusive and appropriate environment to encourage young people to participate in rugby, including and especially through coach, referee and volunteer education and development
- To gather and maintain such data as may be required for monitoring the effectiveness of the Hub programme and to report this to the WRU and educational setting as required
- To support the WRU in fulfilling its objectives for the development of rugby, both inside but especially outside term-time.
- Supporting rugby development programmes on a local, regional and national basis, as required.
- Attending WRU training sessions, courses, etc., as required, with a view to pursuing a personalised programme of continued professional development
- To contribute to the development and maintenance of a safe and inclusive working environment in all places of work, including through compliance with policies relating to health and safety, equality, safeguarding, confidentiality, social media and data protection (as per WRU and Educational setting requirements)
- Without limitation, to perform all such other duties, and do all such other things, as may be considered necessary to fulfil the objectives of the WRU/Scarlet Hub Program as agreed with the Scarlets settings.
Qualifications / Experience:
Strong interpersonal skills, relationship-building and influencing. Able to relate well to young person and adults – Essential
Relevant experience working within sports development and/or community development – Essential
Experience of coaching and/or working with children and young people – Essential
To apply send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date – September 6, 2021