Organisation: Scarlets Rugby
Location: Parc Y Scarlets, Llanelli
Contract Type: Full time fixed term position
Closing Date: 16th May 2021
Interview Date: June 2021
Scarlets Rugby has an exciting opportunity for an ambitious physiotherapist to join their existing medical team. The successful individual will be highly motivated and committed to improving themselves in a professional sport setting. They will be dedicated to work as part of an inter-disciplinary team to ensure high standards of medical provision are consistently delivered. Their energy and ambition will ensure the medical department at Scarlets Rugby is contributing to a high-performance culture, striving to deliver a world-class service for its players.
Being accountable to the Head of Medical Services, the role will be based at Parc Y Scarlets, Llanelli and include travel to matches throughout Europe.
- Assisting the Academy Medical Manager to ensure evidence-based physiotherapy provision to all Scarlets Academy, Age Grade, and Academy Pathway players at training and competition venues Worldwide as required
- Provide physiotherapy cover at Scarlets Rugby Academy, Age Grade and Coleg Sir Gar matches including away travel throughout Europe as required
- Contribute to the long-term athlete development strategies of Scarlets Academy and Coleg Sir Gar pathway players
- Implement pre-season musculoskeletal screening and formulate injury risk profiles for Scarlets Rugby Academy, Regional Age Grade and Coleg Sir Gar players
- Assist the development of Scarlets Rugby injury prevention strategies and implement these strategies within the Academy, Regional Age Grade and Coleg Sir Gar pathway programmes
- Contribute to the long-term athlete development strategy of Scarlets Academy players
- In collaboration with Strength and Conditioning and Academy Coaches regularly review the development of all Scarlets Rugby Academy players
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy
- Member of CSP and HCPC physiotherapy registration
- Experience in high performance sport
- Understanding of working with adolescent team sport athletes
- Ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team to contribute positively to long term player development
- A commitment to continued professional development
- Evidence of continued professional development opportunities in elite sport
- Experience in professional rugby union
- Level 3 Immediate Care In Sport Qualification
We are looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking professional to make a positive impact to Scarlets Rugby. Showing ambition and commitment the successful candidate will become a valued member of the experienced medical team at Scarlets Rugby.
Please contact Matthew Rees firstname.lastname@example.org if you require further information or would like to discuss the post further.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please outline why you believe you are most suitable by forwarding on a covering letter and CV to email@example.com
Please mark the subject Scarlets Rugby Academy Physiotherapist Vacancy