Organisation: Scarlets Rugby
Location: Parc Y Scarlets, Llanelli
Contract Type: Full time fixed term position
Closing Date: 16th May 2021
Interview Date: June 2021
Scarlets Rugby has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic physiotherapist to join their existing medical team. The successful individual will be highly motivated and driven to improve themselves, while ensuring high standards of medical provision are consistently delivered. Their energy and ambition will ensure the medical department at Scarlets Rugby is contributing to a high-performance culture, striving to deliver a world-class service for its players.
Being accountable to the Head of Medical Services, the role will be based at Parc Y Scarlets, Llanelli and include travel to matches worldwide.
- Ensure evidence-based physiotherapy provision to all Scarlets Rugby Academy, Development and Senior players at training and competition venues worldwide as required
- Reporting to Scarlets Rugby Academy Manager and other key stake holders regarding Academy long-term player development
- Contribute to the long-term athlete development strategy of Scarlets Academy players
- Lead the integration of medical services throughout the Scarlets Academy system and relevant pathways
- Lead the medical provision for the Senior Academy players as they transition towards (Development players) Senior playing groups
- Lead the medical provision during the Celtic Cup / Scarlets A team competition for Scarlets Rugby
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy
- Member of CSP and HCPC physiotherapy registration
- Proven experience in high performance sport
- Proven ability to work with team sport athletes
- Ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team to contribute positively to on-field performance
- A commitment to continued professional development
- Evidence of post-graduate study
- Experience in professional rugby union
- Level 3 Immediate Care In Sport Qualification
- Evidence of a willingness to contribute to research
We are looking for an enthusiastic and hard working professional to make a positive impact to Scarlets Rugby. Showing ambition and commitment the successful candidate will become a valued member of the experienced medical team at Scarlets Rugby.
Please contact Matthew Rees email@example.com if you require further information or would like to discuss the post further.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please outline why you believe you are most suitable by forwarding on a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mark the subject as Scarlets Physiotherapist and Academy Medical Manager Vacancy.