Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Competitive for the right candidate
Benefits: Company pension, employee discount, free on-site parking, store discount
Schedule: Monday to Friday with the occasional weekend work
Parc y Scarlets, Llanelli SA14 9UZ
Scarlets is one of the oldest and most famous rugby clubs in the world. Founded in 1872, the club has, throughout its vibrant history, been a proud innovator in the game, both nationally and globally. Scarlets are one of the four professional Welsh rugby union teams in Wales
Scarlets are based at the iconic Parc y Scarlets, which was constructed in 2008 and has been voted in the top four purpose-built rugby stadiums in the UK.
Parc y Scarlets is an award-winning hospitality, conferencing and events stadium with facilities that comprise four main lounges with a seated capacity of 80-400 people. There are a further 17 hospitality boxes with a capacity of 10-16 people. We have an indoor training facility with a 3G artificial playing surface which is also used as an indoor supporters village on game days and can be transformed into an event/conferencing space for a wide range of events.
As Events Sales Manager you will have full responsibility and accountability for the Conference and Events side of the business in conjunction with the Venue General Manager and Catering Operations Manager
We are looking for a dynamic and driven individual to join our team as a Venue Sales Manager. The ideal candidate will be responsible for maximising the use of our venue on a day-to-day basis, bringing in new business, and developing an events strategy for the site.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement an events strategy for the venue to drive revenue growth and enhance our brand image
- Actively seek out new business opportunities to increase bookings and revenue
- Collaborate closely with the Head of Marketing to ensure the venue’s website is up to date and effectively promoting our facilities
- Regularly review the current business on the books and take necessary actions to meet or exceed revenue targets
- Network at events and build relationships with potential clients to grow our customer base
- Showcase our facilities to potential clients and provide them with a memorable experience
- Work closely with the administration team to ensure that events are invoiced accurately and in a timely manner
- Provide exceptional customer service to clients and work closely with them to ensure their event is organised and delivered to their satisfaction
- Maintain a positive attitude and enjoy each day at work
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, hospitality, or a related field (ideal but not required)
- Proven experience in event management, sales or marketing
- Strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Passionate about the hospitality industry and keeping up to date with trends and best practices
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this role, please apply with your CV and cover letter by emailing [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you!