Scarlets’ 20-17 win over the Toyota Cheetahs on Friday night means there will be knockout rugby on the calendar for Dwayne Peel and his squad in April.
As we prepare to travel to Bayonne for the final round of pool fixtures this weekend, this is how things could work out.
- Sitting on 14 points from three rounds and top of Pool B, Scarlets are guaranteed a home draw in the round of 16 which takes place on the weekend of April 1-2.
- A win, draw or two bonus points against Bayonne at the Stade Jean Dauger on Saturday afternoon (1pm kick-off UK time) will see the Scarlets finish the pool stages at the head of Pool B
- Benetton, who are on 10 points, are the only side who can overtake the Scarlets. Benetton host Stade Francais later on Saturday (3.15pm UK time).
- If Scarlets finish top they will host the sixth-placed side in Pool A at Parc y Scarlets (currently Perpignan). If they finish second, they play the fifth-placed side at Parc y Scarlets (currently Glasgow Warriors).
- If Scarlets win the round of 16 tie, their top seeding means they will also have home advantage in the quarter-finals.